Hanlon, Estadt, McCormick & Schramm Co., LPA represents clients in a broad-range of legal matters. The experienced attorneys represent and advise clients, including individuals and corporations of all sizes.
Hanlon, Estadt, McCormick & Schramm Co., LPA represents clients in a broad-range of legal matters. The experienced attorneys represent and advise clients, including individuals and corporations of all sizes. The attorneys are experienced in all levels of the litigation process and have successfully practiced before administrative agencies and State and Federal Trial and Appellate Courts in both Ohio and West Virginia. The attorneys are also admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeal for the 6th Circuit; U.S. Federal District Courts of the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio and West Virginia.
The firm has special proficiency in
- Oil and Gas Interests
- Estate planning and probate law, including: Wills Trusts, Guardianships,Tax and Medicaid Planning, and probate litigation including estate and guardianship disputes
- Real Estate Law including Rights-of-Way and Abandonments; Pipeline Easements; Deeds; Dormant Mineral Act cases; Preservation and Abandonment of Oil & Gas Mineral Interest and Title Examinations
- Lawsuits, Trials, Personal Injury and other civil litigation
- Business law, including: Limited Liability Companies, Corporations, Partnerships, Start-Up Businesses, Professional Practices, and Succession Planning
- Collections including: Mechanic’s Liens and other legal remedies
Hanlon, Estadt, McCormick & Schramm Co., LPA was formed in October of 1984 by Lodge L. Hanlon, Gerald P. Duff, John G. Paleudis and John R. Estadt who were former attorneys and partners of the prestigious law firm of Kinder, Kinder and Hanlon in St. Clairsville, Ohio and Martins Ferry, Ohio for many years.
The current firm provided continuous legal services and traces its origins to the 19th Century. Michael P. McCormick joined the firm in 1989, followed by Erik A. Schramm in 1998. The current shareholders are John R. Estadt, Michael P. McCormick and Erik A. Schramm, Kyle W. Bickford and Erik A. Schramm, Jr.. Thomas McK. Hazlett is of counsel to the firm.
Hanlon, Estadt, McCormick & Schramm Co., LPA has gained the reputation of providing high-quality services, as well as handling unusual and difficult matters. The firm aggressively advocates for our clients. The firm prides itself on exploring and finding creative methods to resolve a dispute short of litigation. When litigation is necessary, all of its attorneys have trial experience. In other practice areas, the firm seeks to assist and support clients as they plan for their futures; deal with the loss of loved ones; create new businesses or transition established ones using the best available legal research information to ensure favorable outcomes for our clients.